WORLD FAMOUS THRILLS!!!
Prepare yourself for the thrill and excitement of the ultimate Jet Boating experience with world famous Shotover Jet; it’s a unique, breathtaking white water ride and an adrenaline rush you’ll never forget!
Adult $129 / Child $69 / Family $299
From the moment the accelerator hits the floor, your adrenaline hits the roof as you speed in mere centimetres of water along the famous Shotover River and deep into the spectacular Shotover River Canyons. It’s an amazing white water ride, as the Shotover Canyon walls tower over you, your expert driver puts your ‘Big Red’ Jet Boat through its paces and skillfully whips it past rocky outcrops, skims around crags and boulders, and speeds through the dramatic and narrow canyons. Rock faces blur in your peripheral vision and the water sprays into myriads of white water crystals with every turn as you speed in your state of the art ‘Big Red’ Jet Boat at up to 85kph over crystal clear water as shallow as 10cm deep.
Adult $129 / child $69/ Family $299
Insist on the 'Big Reds' of Shotover Jet, 'The World's Most Exciting Jet Boat Ride' and the only company permitted to operate in the spectacular Shotover River Canyons.
The first trip of each day is reduced to Adult $109 – save $20 and Child $55 – save $14. Find out more . .
2 adults and 1 or 2 children for the discounted price of $299. Find out more . .
Book ahead 7 days and receive a FREE Fergburger. Feeling hungry? Find out more . .
Gift vouchers are available and make a great gift for family or friends. Use our online shop to purchase a gift voucher and save the PDF to print or email to the lucky recipient.
Note an important T&C around gift and open dated vouchers: If the product on this voucher is only valid for set departures or for a lesser time than the 12 months validity of the purchase Shotover Jet will charge the difference between the value this product represents and the value of the product being redeemed.
Shotover Jet Reservations
Reservations are essential, don’t miss out and book now:
Phone: +64 3 442 8570
Free Phone (within New Zealand only): 0800 SHOTOVER (0800 746 868)
Find Us:Shotover Jet Beach, Gorge Road, Arthurs Point, PO Box 189, Queenstown 9348, New Zealand
It’s A Thrilling Ride And You’re In Experienced And Safe Hands
Your safety is paramount, and with a fleet of 7 identical twin engine Jet Boats and an unparalleled maintenance and risk management programme, Shotover Jet continues to raise industry safety standards. The following information outlines Shotover Jet’s safety practices and features.
Shotover Jet has been operating commercial Jet Boats in the Shotover River Canyons since 1970. In that time, and into the future, safety remains the paramount consideration for the company. Commercial jet boating is a highly safety conscious industry subject to rigorous regulatory control, and Shotover Jet’s aim is to ensure that its customers enjoy an experience that meets the very highest safety standards. Shotover Jet prides itself on having internal systems and procedures in place that meet, and in most cases exceed, the exacting industry and official requirements. In order to ensure that it is operating at peak safety and efficiency, Shotover Jet is always willing to examine aspects of its operations with customers and suppliers. Please feel free to contact us if there is any aspect of this document you would like to clarify or discuss.
YOUR ‘BIG RED’ JET BOAT
Custom Designed for Maximum Speed, Strength and Manoeuvrability
Built here in Queenstown your Shotover Jet 'Big Red' Jet Boat is unique and has been designed specifically to handle the Shotover River Canyons. Made for maximum speed, strength and manoeuvrability your ‘Big Red’ is powered by two 350 Mercruiser V8 engines producing a combined 700 horsepower. Propulsion, steering and control is provided through two Hamilton 212 Jet Units thrusting 760 litres of water per second. This unique combination of design and configuration means your ‘Big Red’ can travel at speeds of up to 85kph in as little as 10cm of water and can do what no other Queenstown adventure activities jet boat is capable of spinning beyond 360°.
Water is drawn in through two intakes in the bottom of your ‘Big Red’, two Jet Units containing impellers (internal propellers) then compress and drive the water out through two jet nozzles at the rear of the Jet Boat with great force (nearly 400 litres of water per second per Jet Unit) and it is the force of this water that propels your Jet Boat. Steering is achieved by turning the jet nozzles which changes the direction of the water forced out the back of the Jet Boat and the Jet Boat therefore changes direction. Your Jet Boat can also brake and reverse using ‘deflectors’ and 'thrust buckets' similar to a jet aircraft.
DURATION / TRIP TIMES
- Allow 1 hour 30 minutes Queenstown return including 25 minutes on the water for your Jet Boat ride
- ‘Big Red’ Jet Boats depart up to every 15 minutes and operate every day (weather and river conditions permitting) except Christmas day
- Complimentary shuttles depart ‘The Station’ Information Centre (corner Camp and Shotover Streets) up to every 15 minutes
- Self drive – located 7kms from Queenstown. Click here to view our location
- A minimum child height of 1 metre applies and all children must be accompanied by a fare paying adult.
- Should river conditions on the day dictate, Shotover Jet does reserve the right to extend the minimum child height to 1.2 metres to ensure maximum passenger safety.
- Please speak with one of our team if you are pregnant or have any medical conditions including back or neck problems
- Life jackets (mandatory)
- Full length spray jackets (optional)
- Complimentary shuttle transfers from the ‘The Station’ Information Centre
- Onsite specialised photography service and ‘Jet Cam’ video cameras mounted on your Jet Boat will capture your experience and photos and video highlights of your trip are available for no obligation viewing immediately after your trip
YOU NEED TO BRING
- Eyewear (sunglasses / glasses) recommended year round
- Warm clothes, jacket, hat and gloves (although hand rails on the Jet Boats are heated) are strongly recommended in winter
- For safety reasons, the use of handheld personal cameras and video cameras are not permitted aboard the Jet Boats