Before your Shotover Jet trip
What to bring
- Eyewear (sunglasses / glasses) are recommended year round.
- Warm clothes, jacket, hat and gloves are strongly recommended in winter (although the hand rails on the jet boats are heated).
For safety reasons, the use of handheld personal cameras and video cameras are not permitted aboard the jet boats.
- A minimum height of 1 metre applies. Shotover Jet reserves the right to extend the minimum height to 1.2 metres in certain river conditions, to ensure passenger safety.
- Children under 5 years old who meet the minimum height limit are free with a fare paying adult, but a ticket still needs to be issued.
- Child fares apply to children aged 5 - 15.
- All children (0-15) must travel with a fare paying adult aged 16 years and older.
- Please speak with one of our team if you are pregnant or have any medical conditions including back or neck problems.
Complimentary shuttle transfers depart from ‘The Station’ Information Centre, corner Shotover and Camp Streets, in downtown Queenstown up to every 15 minutes.
If you are driving, Shotover Jet is located at Arthurs Point, 7km from Queenstown. There is plenty of car parking at our base.
How to get to Shotover Jet
Drive up Shotover Street (with Lake Wakatipu behind you) and onto Gorge Road. Travel along Gorge Road towards Arthurs Point and Coronet Peak. Carry on until you come to a large one lane bridge, ‘Edith Cavell Bridge’, cross this and the Shotover Jet entry is immediately on your left after you’ve crossed.
Operating times and weather conditions
Shotover Jet operates every day of the year (weather and river conditions permitting) except Christmas day.
- Free wifi
- Baby change area
- Disabled parking and access
- Plenty of outdoor seating/space to watch the jet boats or enjoy the stunning surrounds
- Retail shop
- Video and photography service
Anyone is welcome to visit our river base and watch the jet boats. Spectators are welcome to use the complimentary shuttle service if there is space.